IMPORTANT: As of 2/7/2014, an important rule change in Washington State has reduced the daily catch limit in Marine Area 9 to just one salmon. See this news item for more details.
- Catch/submit fish only during Derby hours within area boundaries. [see “Schedule” and “Map”]
- New for 2014: You can win more than one prize! All fish of six pounds or more are eligible for “Mystery Fish” prizes!
- Please consider donating fish to our community’s annual Appreciation Dinner.
- All fish will be returned after weighing – no cleaning and storage.
- VHF channel 68: Derby announcements.
- VHF channel 16: Emergencies.
- You are responsible for conforming to all state/federal rules, such as:
§ Valid fishing license required
§ Only one fishing pole [at a time] per person
§ Pole to be hand-held while landing fish [and no stationary poles or facsimiles]
§ Single-point barbless hooks only
§ Maintain required safety equipment
§ Avoid Protection Island (200 yard limit)
[ also other rules at the wdfw.wa.gov website]