These guidelines have been taken from the current brochure.
- Catch/submit fish only during Derby hours within area boundaries. [see “Schedule” and “Map”]
IMPORTANT: Marine Area 7 will be closed during the derby. We rarely have many fish caught in Area 7; the only portion of this area within normal derby boundaries is out by Smith Island. This year, you must avoid it. See the WDFW website for details.
- You can win more than one prize! All fish of six pounds or more are eligible for [all prizes, including] “Mystery Fish” prizes!
- Please consider donating fish to our community’s annual Appreciation Dinner.
- All fish will be returned after weighing – no cleaning and storage.
- VHF channel 68: Derby announcements.
- VHF channel 16: Emergencies.
- You are responsible for conforming to all state/federal rules, such as:
§ Valid fishing license required
§ Only one fishing pole [at a time] per person
§ Pole to be hand-held while landing fish [and no stationary poles or facsimiles]
§ Single-point barbless hooks only
§ Maintain required safety equipment
§ Avoid Protection Island (200 yard limit)
[ also other rules at the wdfw.wa.gov website
(…and this link is for: 2015-16 rules)]