These guidelines have been taken from the current brochure.
- Catch/submit fish only during Derby hours within area boundaries. [see “Schedule” and “Map”]
- Please check latest WDFW regulations for latest Marine Area catch limits. Area 6 currently limited to clipped blackmouth salmon, 2 per angler, per day; Area 7, 1 fish limit, and Area 9: 1 fish limit. Size minimum 22 inch, release Coho and wild Chinook in all areas.
- All fish of six pounds or more are eligible for [all prizes, including] “Mystery Fish” prizes!
- Please consider donating fish to our community’s annual Appreciation Dinner.
- All fish will be returned after weighing – no cleaning and storage.
- VHF channel 68: Derby announcements.
- VHF channel 16: Emergencies.
- You are responsible for conforming to all state/federal rules, such as:
§ Valid fishing license required
§ Only one fishing pole [at a time] per person
§ Pole to be hand-held while landing fish [and no stationary poles or facsimiles]
§ Single-point barbless hooks only
§ Maintain required safety equipment
§ Avoid Protection Island (200 yard limit)
[ also other rules at the wdfw.wa.gov website
(…and this link is for: 2015-16 rules)]