With a fishing area spanning 500 square miles and several large communities, you have a wide range of lodging, restaurant, marine services, tourism, and other options. The following entries are just a partial list. We’ll try to add website links in the future.
IMPORTANT: This is a random list assembled by Derby volunteers. It includes current and past donors to the derby, as well as personal area favorites. This list is subjective, and does not try to list every business in the area (how could it, and why should it?). If you represent an area business and would like to appear on this list, feel free to contact us; but please realize that this website is not a business directory. We are simply listing services in the area that we think will be of interest to Derby participants.
- Port Angeles Area
- Red Lion: 360-452-9215, 221 N. Lincoln
- Olympic Lodge: 800-600-2993, 140 DelGuzzi Dr.
- Gardiner/Sequim Area
- Econo Lodge: 800-683-1775, 801 E. Washington
- Holiday Inn Express: 360-621-8756, 1441 E. Washington
- Quality Inn and Suites: 360-683-2800, 134 River Rd.
- Red Lion Inn and Suites: 360-683-1775, 1095 E. Washington
- Port Townsend Area
- Aladdin Motor Inn: 360-385-3747, 2333 Washington St.
- Harborside Inn Motel:360-385-7909, 330 Benedict St.
- John Wayne’s Waterfront Resort: 360-681-3853, 2634 W. Sequim Bay Rd. , Sequim
- Sequim Bay State Park: 360-683-4235, 269035 Hwy 101, Sequim
Here is a partial list of area dining options. You will find many others good choices in the area, plus many bars, delis, pizza, and fast food restaurants. (Note: some area restaurants have shortened winter hours.)
- Port Angeles area
- Bella Italia: 360-457-5442
- Castaways Restaurant Lounge: 360-452-1177
- C’Est Si Bon (very French): 360-452-8888
- Coyote BBQ Pub: 360-477-4947
- Crabhouse: 360-457-5056
- Fiesta Jalisco: 360-452-3928
- Gordy’s Pizza & Pasta: 360-457-5056
- Granny’s: 360-928-3266
- H2O Waterfront Bistro: 360-452-4261
- Next Door Gastropub: 360-504-2613
- Sergio’s Hacienda: 360-452-8434
- Traylor’s Restaurant: 360-452-3833
- Gardiner/Sequim area
- 7 Cedars Casino: 360-683-7777
- Applebee’s: 360-683-9090
- Black Bear Diner: 360-504-2950
- Blondie’s Plate: 360-683-2233
- Dockside Grill (John Wayne Marina): 360-683-7510
- Fat Smitty’s (profound burgers): 360-385-4099
- Hi-Way 101 Diner: 360-683-3388
- Longhouse Market & Deli: 360-683-7777
- Pacific Pantry: 360-797-1221
- Port Townsend area
- Alchemy Bistro & Wine Bar: 360-385-5225
- The Bayview: 360-385-1461
- El Sarape (Mexican): 360-379-9343
- Fountain Café: 360-379-9343
- Khu Larb Thai: 360-385-5023
- Lanza’s Ristorante (Italian): 360-379-1900
- Pizza Factory: 360-385-7223
- Public House Grill and Ales: 360-385-9708
- Silverwater Café: 360-385-6448
- Sirens Pub: 360-379-1100
- Waterfront Pizza: 360-385-6629
- Near Port Townsend and Gardiner
- Ferino’s Pizzeria (Port Hadlock): 360-385-0840
- Fiesta Jalisco (Port Hadlock):360-385-5285
- Early morning coffee (5:30AM or earlier)
- McDonalds (all three towns, all open at 5AM)
- Longhouse Market & Deli (Blyn): 360-683-7777
- Fairmount Texaco (Port Angeles): 360) 452-1627
Marine Fuel: Port Angeles, John Wayne and Port Townsend Marinas
Shopping and supplies
Many stores and restaurants are located in Port Townsend, Sequim, Port Angeles, and in between.
- Fishing supplies
- Swain’s General Store (360-452-2357, 602 E. 1st St., Port Angeles) – bait, tackle, you name it.
- Brian’s Sporting Goods (360-683-1950, 542 W. Washington St., Sequim) – fishing gear
- Fish’n Hole (360-385-7031, 199 Benedict St., Port Towsend gas dock) – tackle and advice
- West Marine (360-379-1612, 2428 Washington St., Port Townsend) – boating needs/bait
- Swain’s (Port Angeles; see above)
- Fish’n Hole (199 Benedict St., Port Townsend Boat Haven gas dock)
- West Marine (360-379-1612, 2428 Washington St., Port Townsend)
- Area supermarkets sometimes have bait
- Food and groceries (also see “Restaurants”)
- Longhouse Market & Deli (360-683-7777, at 7 Cedars Casino on Route 101, Blyn) – 24-hour source for snacks, groceries, beverages, gas, etc.
- Sunny Farms (360-683-8003, Route 101, Carlsborg) – local produce, organic foods, a deli counter (great pickles!), many other items.
- All three towns – Port Angeles, Sequim, and Port Townsend – have 24-hour groceries.
[will be added later]